Friday, March 17, 2006

state of unity

Rom Landau: "How did you come to that state of unity with
everything?"

J. Krishnamurti: "People have asked me about that before, and I
always feel that they expect to hear the dramatic account of some
sudden miracle through which I suddenly became one with the universe.
Of course nothing of the sort happened. My inner awareness was always
there; though it took me time to feel it more and more clearly; and
equally it took time to find words that would at all describe it. It
was not a sudden flash, but a slow yet constant clarification of
something that was always there. It did not grow, as people often
think. Nothing can grow in us that is of spiritual importance. It has
to be there in all its fullness, and then the only thing that happens
is that we become more and more aware of it. It is our intellectul
reaction and nothing else that needs time to become more articulate,
more definite."

Bob M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home