Saturday, June 03, 2006

Distant Time

I know not from what distant time

thou art ever coming nearer to meet me.

Thy sun and stars can never keep thee hidden from me for aye.

In many a morning and eve thy footsteps have been heard

and thy messenger has come within my heart and called me in secret.

I know not only why today my life is all astir,

and a feeling of tremulous joy is passing through my heart.

It is as if the time were come to wind up my work,

and I feel in the air a faint smell of thy sweet presence.


- Tagore

3 Comments:

Blogger Twisted DNA said...

Too many blogs guruji, don't know where to start from :)

3:34 AM  
Blogger CassAmino said...

Hi Kiran, I see your varied interests and penchant for thought provoking issues, would be great to read a few of your words apart from the magnificient works of the magnificient people that your blog carries.

Its inspiring to read your blog entries.

Best
Nanda

8:06 AM  
Blogger kuffir said...

how about some translations of telugu poems kiran?

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home